3/29/2016

Curls Blueberry Bliss Twist-N-Shout Cream









Curls' newest line Blueberry Bliss has a Twist-N-Shout cream that promises to give you the perfect twist-out/braid-out so great it will make you wanna shout! As a new natural looking for the perfect products for my hair, I just had to give this one a try. Let's talk about it.



Ingredients
I noticed that the ingredients on my jar do not match the ingredients that are listed on the CURLS website regarding this product. I am not sure which is one is older but I do see that there are at least two different versions of this product. The ingredients that can be found on the one I bought back in 2015 reads:



Purified Water, Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Certified Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Seed Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower, Certified Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Certified Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Certified Organic Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Certified Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Certified Organic Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Certified Organic Centella Asiatica Extract, Methylheptyl Isostearate, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Allantoin, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Carbomer, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol 









Price
Retails for about $15.00 for a 8 fl oz jar. Normally I would declare that expensive but I have had this jar for quite a few months now. A product that is high in price but has you only repurchase it only once per year (or less) is worth the price to me. I bought mine at Target but I see that you can also purchase it on the CURLS website and AMAZON.





Benefits
After using this product for the first time, I noticed a few things.
1. It smells great! I am not a huge fan of the smell of blueberries but the way this product smells just gets you excited for doing your hair.
2. The creamy texture makes it an absolute breeze twisting your hair as it is super smooth helping your hair just glide through your hands.
3. The moisture level of this cream is very good. Out of the many times I've used this product, not once have I resulted in dry hair.
4. The definition achieved from this product for a braid out is absolutely divine!


Braidout using Curls Twist-N-Shout Cream


I haven't seen much frizz when using this product and I love the fact that my braid-out lasted an entire week after application!


4 days later with the same braidout



Twists
I use this product mainly to help with my protective style. I keep my hair in mini twists 2 weeks - 1 month at a time and this product really helps with moisture and hold. My twists do not unravel and smell really good!


 Mini Twists using Curls Twist-N-Shout Cream


Overall I really enjoy this product and highly recommend it for those of you looking for definition, moisture, and hold in your everyday styling!


Products Mentioned